Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Looking Ahead






I am in the midst of planning a leadership retreat for our Young Life leaders this weekend.  I am calling it Destination Unknown.  We have planned a great weekend, but have not told our leaders where we are going.  I think it will be a great weekend.  Maybe the Best Weekend of My Life.  
Well, as I sit here and look at my calendar I am realizing that so much will be going on that I will probably have to mobile blog  a lot.  Sad.  I know you are all waiting to read my words everyday, and I hate to disappoint.  I will try my best.  

I am still in the hunt for a topic.  I want to hone my craft a bit and really focus in on one topic for this blog.  I am wrestling with sports, parenting, a look into teenage culture, faith, entertainment, or marriage.  I feel overwhelmed and unqualified for all of those, even though I get paid to be on top of one of those topics-not parenting!  I know these past few days have been mediocre, its because I am writing at 11pm after a workout and just trying to "get it done."  




But I want to give it some effort.  If you read this, let me know what you like to read about.  Are any of the aforementioned topics something you like?  Let me know.  


3 comments:

  1. Chad, I'm so glad that you are blogging. I would love to read about parenting. You and Sarah seem like great parents. Faith or marriage would be good too (can you tell I've become the boring Mom type?) I would read whatever you wrote though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the slice of life parenting stuff but mix it in with movies and social thoughts and op-eds on life and culture.
    btw you should totally switch to Insanity. it is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad, since we're all oldies now (ECS 10 Year Reunion is only 9 months away!!!!!!!!!) I'd love to hear your thoughts/perspective/commentary on the teenage culture, especially since you've got a front row seat. I also think you and Sarah give great Parenting tips/info, etc. and think that would be pretty interesting, too. Oh yeah, and definitely keep us "posted" on the p90x routine . . .

    PS - I've found that adding obscure pop-culture references into my writing keeps (at least) myself entertained.

    ReplyDelete