Saturday, January 2, 2010

Quentin and Holcomb

This will show you how successful I will be at this blogging everyday. I just looked at Sarah and asked, "Have I blogged today?" She shook her head no, and said, "You don't have much time left."

I know what I want to talk about.

Movies and Music

We just rented Inglorious Bastards from our closest Redbox. It has been checked out since it came out on video. I finally got it tonight, and we just got through watching it. I had seen it in the theaters with one of our YL Leaders, Aleks Spangler-he's Latvian.
I think it is a great movie. I do not think it is a movie for all people, but I really enjoyed it. I believe Christoph Waltz deserves awards. He really steals the show. I am a big Brad Pitt guy, let the mockery begin, and so I loved seeing his version of Tennessee hill people-spot on-but was deeply surprised by Christoph's amazing performance. I really believe he is Col. Hans Landa, with such a presence and at times the scariest smile I've ever seen.
I am contemplating for this blogg creating a reoccurring segment that focuses on music and film, and if that does happen I will come up with some neat form of grading. For tonight's show I will give it an A.

On to Music:

A high school friend of my wife's named Drew Holcomb is a musician. I first met Drew while at a Bachelor Party for the aforementioned Daniel Maddox. And since then have had an opportunity to get to know him better. He is salt of the earth type people and someone I deeply admire. Well, like I said before he is a full time musician. He and his beautiful wife Ellie, along with the Neighbors, tour all over the U.S. I have had the opportunity to see them twice this month and have been reminded-
They Are Good!

Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors
They have an amazing Christmas album and their Christmas tour blows it away.






They just put out a new EP and it is exclusively sold at iTunes. It is titled Live Forever and it is the only thing I have been listening to the past two weeks. The title track is great and has an even better story behind it. To find out why they wrote the songs check them out sometime.
5 Stars



There it is, Day 3. Sorry for not going deeper into the Movies and Music-I think I said-Movie, Good and Drew, Good. But it is true and from the heart.

1 comment:

  1. Last night, when Jordan and I were people watching @ the Galleria, we were both like "has Chad blogged yet??" glad you are keeping up with the NY commitment. I still need/want to see this movie and download drews ep.

    ReplyDelete