Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Laugh Out Loud Funny!



I think that Modern Family is the runaway hit comedy of this season. I know we have The Office, 30 Rock, and Arrested Development (on DVD, all seasons). I have no conviction here, it makes me laugh out loud at least, at least, once an episode.
 It seems that all three families reveal something that I know to be real in my life and family, while communicating it in a way that makes you fall on the floor laughing.

For me, a sucker for the obvious, I love Ty Burrell who plays Phil-my namesake. He is the greatest! I think we all had a friend with a dad similar to Phil. He has great quotes: "I am a cool dad. That's my thang," or "I could sell a fur coat to an eskimo," or "One time I told Luke that if he didn't put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, we would put them in his bed" and finally everyone's favorite, "Act like a parent, talk like a peer. I call it 'peerenting.'"
With a show like this I can almost say I want to watch ABC for something other than college football. To me, it is a smart comedy that everyone can relate with.

Tune into ABC 8pm (central) and enjoy!
PS-you can watch it online anytime here@ hulu.com/modern-family or even at abc.go.com/shows/modern-family


2 comments:

  1. "I could have asked for something small, like a week at circus school."

    ReplyDelete