Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tongue Wrassle

So tonight I had the pleasure to do one of my favorite things.  I got to "perform" for our Young Life leaders as I led a few of them in a game.
In Young Life we love to bring humor into places where normally it would not exist.  An example would be leading kids in a game.  Most of our youth interact with adults at events in a regular way.  If the event calls for a game or participation from the audience, the emcee or host will ask for volunteers and guide them through the details of the game and then let them loose.
In Young Life we try to raise the bar by adding something that knocks you on your heels.  At our Young Life Clubs we have volunteer leaders that plan and execute the whole night.  These are also the people who are spending countless hours in relationship with kids in their community.  So when we have a game we want kids to play we usually add some spice.  One of these leaders will create a character, dress up, and perform the aforementioned tasks but in the role of this new person.  It is just fun.
Tonight I got to play a role, be a character, have fun.  I will give you an insight.
In ten minutes I used my creativity to fill in holes of a typical structure.  I cam up with Ricky Tassle.

Ricky Tassle:  I'm Ricky Tassle.  I'm short, I'm sweet, and I love to tongue wrassle! OOOOOUUUUUWWWWWEEEEE(hick accent required)


That is my introduction.  I go on to talk about where I am from and how this small town developed in me the ability to speak with authority on Love.

It was fun.  I think the leaders liked it.  And no matter what, I did something most people never get a chance to do-have a blast at my job and thank God for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment