Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What the...?

Sarah and I were watching the Biggest Loser tonight before I headed out on my P90X venture. And I have to say, they do some unbelievable stuff on that show.

It comes with your run of the mill background stories, and your insight to who the "big" players are this season. The show's editors want to tie you to a character or two, so that you will keep watching. Can you hear my cynicism? But at weigh in, what the heck? There were multiple people loosing upwards of 23 lbs in 7 days. The heaviest contestant in the history of the show recorded the most weight lost in one week, 34 lbs.

I know there is science behind this and there are those that will immediately say it is so bad for you to lose weight that fast, and you can debate that for yourselves. I just want to sit on the idea that no matter how they did it-eating right and exercising-they did it.

Get ready, its gonna get cheesy.

I just have to applaud the effort. Most of these people, if left on their current path, would end up dying of coronary disease sooner than later. But instead they decided to put themselves through hell and back to save their lives.

Whether that show is for you or not, I am encouraged to put down my late night "treat" and to push that much harder at P90X because of what they are doing. I am encouraged.

1 comment:

  1. Chad, i'm impressed with the p90x dedication. i know you said you were doing it with a buddy, but all yall FEELING THE BURN at your house (or like a gym???)

    I thought itd be good to do Plyometrics outside on the grass, but not in these hella freezing temps.

    ReplyDelete