Thursday, January 7, 2010

One Day at a Time

There is work, family, recreation, and fitness.  
And now a blog.  
Trying to be a man that can be committed to decisions I make, I am writing this blog.
I am still laugh thinking about Modern Family.  I was reminded by my wife in the comment section about the part that got me laughing hardest.  Phil, "I could've used it for something small, like not having to clean the garage or a week at circus camp."  Now I have never been to circus camp, but I cannot believe that is a small thing.
I title this one day at a time, because I forget that to get somewhere you have to take small steps and focus each moment towards where you want to go.  With fitness I want to be in a position where I can just complete one P90X video without having to stop to breath.  But at day 5 I cannot really expect to be performing at day 90, but I want to.  I would like to be proficient at writing a blog, or at least be able to focus my ideas towards one topic.  And without much effort or time committed to this endeavor I cannot be frustrated as I search my mind for ideas, but I do.  Family and Work.  They are both the best/hardest things we will all do in our lifetime and it is so easy to loose focus on each.  While it is the small moments in life that really make everything amazing, like when I get home my middle child Reese just wanting me to hold her.  I should stop wanting her to be able to speak English proficiently, and just enjoy her toddler babble while she really is speaking with her heart-but I do.
I do not know, maybe this rant is because it is stinking cold outside.  Right now the thermostat reads, 1 degree with wind chill at -15 and the low tonite going to -9 with -20 wind chills!  
But probably it is because in life we seem to look ahead, and not notice what is right in front of us.  We want to graduate without the experience of learning.  And we want success without the effort it takes to truly enjoy the word success.
Either way that was my day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment