Monday, January 11, 2010

The Biggest Looser



So, to keep everyone up to date on my P90X experience...Monday is "Measure Me Day."  I know that if I step on a scale everyday, I will obsess about my weight/calories/ups/downs/etc.  So I decided to measure myself once a week.  This includes weight, neck, right arm, left arm, chest, waist, hips, right leg, and left leg.  To be honest, I was surprised.  I started this morning by measuring my gut.  If I am honest with you out there in the blogosphere, I am most concerned about the size of my belly.  Research is showing that the size of your gut correlates to your health.  Basically, a bigger gut equals early, chest-pain-filled death.  I don't want that at all.  I want to have a fighting chance to see my beautiful girls get married at the perfect age of 34.  So, I wrap that tape around my gut and was wanting to see big numbers!  I saw that I had lost 2 inches.  For me, a guy with high expectations and a wild imagination, it was a teensy bit discouraging.  I was hoping for 10 inches or something.  But nevertheless, there was a loss and not a gain.  Then I went on to measure every other area and I added it all up (I made a Numbers Spreadsheet-yeah I am a geek) and I had lost exactly 7 inches!  So I am a bit stoked about that today.  I do not have a scale at my house for the above mentioned reason.  After my workout tonight I stepped on the scale at my buddy's house.  I have lost 5 lbs!  In one week!  Some would scoff and say that is too much weight, be careful you are not doing it in a healthy way.  I would say-you did not see me eat this week.  I have done everything I can to do this right and I benefited!

I am excited.  It is now week two and that carries me into more P90X and I feel better about what I am focusing on right now.  Hopefully it is encouraging to you as well, or at least you can be happy for me and my efforts.  I know that life happens and my extreme way of doing things will come to the test, but right now I will enjoy working towards a healthier life.  I have to keep up with my wife.  She doesn't even workout and she is beautiful!  I will keep you all informed on Mondays as to how Measure Me Day is going!

1 comment: