Monday, January 4, 2010

Feel the Burn-or Sharp Pain in Your Neck







I feel fine now...but about an hour and a half ago, I was wondering what I committed myself to do.


It is day one of 90 into the at home workout series P90X. I am sure you have heard of it, but if you haven't...there is this 50 year old dude named Tony Horton who has developed the newest and biggest selling home workout routine.

My first thought was we need to check his birth records, like most South American pitchers in the League, because he is just in shape. It is encouraging to see a middle aged man can look like that, but what do you have to do to get there? Gasp, vomit, sweat, defibrilation, and then a water break-Repeat. That's what.

In an effort to see my children get married, and be able to enjoy their children I am starting to focus on living a life of intentionality. I do this, work on my weaknesses, and then it usually fades. But my hope is that 90 days of fitting something into my schedule will create some healthy, life giving habits.

Not only am I cutting calories and trying to eat a nutrient dense diet, but I have added this intense workout.



You start out with a warm up and inside you are thinking, "man I think this will be okay, I don't think I will embarrass myself in front of my new friend." And then it starts. I had awoke this morning to a twinge on the right side of my neck-no big deal-and right off the bat I pull the left side of my neck. There is no mistaking this pain, I still feel my heartbeat on the back of my neck-but it is just a war wound. Then it is 47 minutes of exercising. Stretches, push-up, funny looking push-ups and this thing called a Superman Banana (teehee).


All in all I am excited. On two fronts. I am doing this with a new friend Derek Richards, and I am excited to get to know him better and develop a friendship. And the other is to see my overall health increase.



At least I do feel better than this guy looks...

No comments:

Post a Comment