Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blogging is tough

Here I am sitting in front of the computer trying to dig deep into my being for a topic that is interesting.  I am just wiped out and the thought of thinking is even tiring.
I had a great conversation the other day with a friend who just had their first child.  It was awesome to share how life is going, and where our faith is deeply intersecting with every aspect of our lives right now.  As a father, husband, son, employee, and friend I am finding my faith in Jesus Christ to be the best thing going.  I know that there are so many people who believe me to be naive and ignorant to the rest of our world's religions and to be hypocritical, but I am finding that as each day goes by where my weakness/tiredness/overwhelmingness grows and grows-Jesus gets bigger and bigger.  I am seeing Matthew 5 make sense.  It is not how I would have picked this journey or lesson to be revealed but it is how my God is leading me.
Check out the Sermon on the Mount and be reminded at how much a counter-culture faith in Jesus Christ truly is in our current day.  Sit and listen to the words and really open yourself up for examination.  I know that it will give you something to think about at least, and maybe change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment